You are invited to a contemplative spiritual retreat in the redwoods of Santa Cruz, CA! This retreat is hosted by Community of Christ Spiritual Formation Ministries and is open to everyone!
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED. Please contact Khmclaughlin@cofchrist.org if you have any questions. Thanks!
(Download the PDF: Retreat-The Awakened Heart)
(See Retreat Schedule Below)
Retreat Preparation and Information
- The retreat begins Friday evening with registration at 4PM, dinner at 5:30PM, and our opening session at 7:00PM. The retreat will end at noon on Sunday. If you do not plan to make it in time for dinner, please let us know.
- A foundational text for this retreat is The Awakened Heart by Gerald May. You are not required to read this book, but you may find it useful in your own preparations and ongoing spiritual formation.
- Transportation to and from the retreat is not provided, but if you need assistance or have questions, please let us know. The closest airport is San Jose, 29.3 miles from Happy Valley. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes depending on traffic. Other local airports are Oakland and San Francisco.
- Santa Cruz is a beautiful location, but the weather may surprise you! Plan to bring appropriate clothes for possible rain and cold evenings and mornings.
- If you would like to participate in one of the many yoga offerings, you are invited to bring a mat with you and other helpful yoga materials. Yoga will be gentle and available for people at all levels of practice. If you don’t have a yoga mat, a towel will work!
Click here for PDF Version of the Schedule: AwakenedHeartSchedule