For information about upcoming events, formation resources, Spiritual Direction, or guest ministry invitations, please contact:
Spiritual Formation Specialist and Spiritual Formation Team Lead
816-833-1000 xt. 2393
Katie Harmon-McLaughlin is a minister and spiritual director who is passionate about seeking the Sacred Presence in all persons and life circumstances. She works for Community of Christ International Headquarters as Spiritual Formation Specialist, and was previously a full-time pastor for the Orange, CA Congregation. As Spiritual Formation Specialist, her responsibilities include directing the Spiritual Formation and Companioning Program, leading the Spiritual Formation Team, coordinating and editing the Daily Bread Blog, supporting various world church ministries, and facilitating spiritual formation retreats and trainings. She is passionate about companioning and spiritually forming individuals, families, communities, and leaders. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Religion through Graceland University, Master of Arts in Religion through Community of Christ Seminary and was trained in Spiritual Direction and Leadership through Pneuma Institute. Katie completed Labyrinth Facilitator Training through Veriditas. She is continually formed and companioned by Zac (spouse), Emma (daughter) and Maya (the dog!).
Responsibilities: Spiritual Formation Team, Spiritual Formation and Companioning Program, Spiritual Formation Resources, Retreats, and Events, Project Coordinator for Daily Bread.
Spiritual Formation Team
Services and Ministries
The Spiritual Formation Specialist and members of the Spiritual Formation Team are available for the following:
- Spirituality Retreats (women, men, adults, young adults, youth)
- Teaching on the essential link between spirit and mission (contemplation and action), wholeness, spiritual formation, holistic peacemaking, etc.
- Support for congregational and jurisdictional gatherings
- Reunions and Camps
- Temple gatherings and headquarters events
- Denominational formation at events such as World and National Conferences, IYF/SPEC, Peace Colloquy, Meetings and Gatherings, etc.
- Resource development and consultation
- Staff for Community of Christ Spiritual Formation Center in Kirtland, OH which is available for personal or group retreats.
Spiritual Formation Team members also serve to connect individuals, congregations, jurisdictions with
- spiritual formation resources and information
- spiritual formation study program
- spiritual retreat centers and leaders
- spiritual directors
Spiritual Formation Team Members:
Katie Harmon-McLaughlin, Team Lead
Jane Gardner, Presiding Evangelist
David R. Brock
Mary Jacks Whipple